COP26, the 2021 United Nations Climate Change Conference, will take place between 31 October and 12 November 2021. Governments and decision-makers from all over the world will gather in Glasgow to set the decarbonisation agenda for the next years.
The decarbonisation of transport is a top priority to achieve our climate goals and stave off climate change.
AVERE has set out its vision for how we can achieve
100% new zero-emissions vehicles by 2030 leading to
Fully decarbonised European road transport by 2050
We believe it is the way forward to achieve fully sustainable transport and we are happy to say we will join the COP26 discussions to motivate global leaders to set the required actions on the agenda.
AVERE will be active during the UN climate conference through:
A Partnership with GEVA
GEVA has organised an EV caravan that will travel across Europe going all the way to Glasgow. The AVERE team will welcome them as they go through Brussels when there will be the occasion to discuss how to set the discussion with policymakers.
You can have an impact! Please join thousands of other international EV drivers by signing this global declaration!
The Sustainable Innovation Forum
The 12th Annual Sustainable Innovation Forum (SIF) will take place alongside COP26 in Glasgow, six years after 196 world leaders signed the historic Paris Agreement.
The three-day hybrid Forum will showcase 400 world-class speakers, providing all stakeholders with the opportunity to engage and make a tangible impact at COP26, both in-person and online.
The Forum will forge cross-sector, public-private partnerships essential for transformational change, highlight business action, facilitate green finance and the innovative solutions that will allow us to achieve net-zero targets.
AVERE is proud to partner with the event and announces that Secretary General Philippe Vangeel will be speaking on the support needed to accelerate the mass shift to EVs
Other Key Speakers:
- Aniruddha Dasgupta, President and CEO, World Resources Institute
- Jonathan Brearley, Chief Executive, Ofgem
- David Belliard, Vice Mayor of Transformation of Public Place, City of Paris
- Ismahane Elouafi, Chief Scientist, FAO
- Dr Edwin Basson, CEO, World Steel Organization
- Raymond Johansne, Governing Mayor of Oslo
- Sarah O’Driscoll, Cities Director, Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- Eva Zabey, Executive Director, Business for Nature
- James Thornton, CEO, Client Earth
- Fiona Reynolds, CEO, PRI
- Johan Rockström, Director, Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research
Plus many more