AVERE is the only European association representing and advocating for electromobility at both EU and national levels, on behalf of the entire ecosystem. This includes national associations, industrial stakeholders (from both the vehicles and charging infrastructure side) EV users, academics, public authorities and more. AVERE and it’s 65+ members have set themselves the goal of achieving entirely emission-free sales of light and heavy-duty vehicles by 2035, in order to achieve complete decarbonization of road transport by 2050.
To support and drive its new strategy, AVERE, the European Association for Electromobility based in Brussels is looking for an experienced communication and event manager.
COMMUNICATION AND EVENTS MANAGER
- Work in the centre of the electrification revolution
- Help manage our network of member organisations working on similar subjects
- Communicate about AVERE’s achievements, events, news, projects, relevant data and e-mobility developments
- Improve the European visibility of our organisation
- Become part of a fast-growing federation within a challenging and positive working environment
- Support the dissemination work of European projects on electrified mobility issues in which AVERE is involved
AVERE is the only European association representing and advocating for electromobility at both EU and national levels on behalf of the entire ecosystem. This includes national associations, industrial stakeholders (from both the vehicles and charging infrastructure side), EV users, academics, public authorities and more. AVERE and its 65+ members have set themselves the goal of achieving entirely emission-free sales of light and heavy-duty vehicles by 2035 to achieve complete decarbonization of road transport by 2050.
AVERE, the European Association for Electromobility based in Brussels, seeks an experienced communication and event manager to support and drive its new strategy.
The Communications and Events Manager will partner with all the team members to develop a robust communications strategy and coordinate events and activities, which will help bolster the association's brand, image and reputation through consistent messaging and innovative communication methodologies.
- Raise awareness about the benefits of electromobility
- Strengthen and promote the visibility of AVERE - disseminate communications content to key audiences and stakeholders. Formulate and execute communication strategies to build the association’s reputation as a thought leader in electromobility.
- Develop and implement marketing and communications campaigns and strategies and monitor their success.
- Contact influencers, media and beyond to arrange story placement nationally, in Europe and globally.
- Deliver input on all company social media content, strategy and communications.
- Determine strategic communications campaigns that will help further organisational goals.
- Oversee the creation of communications materials to ensure that they are consistent with AVERE’’s communication strategy, including white papers, website updates, etc.
- Define key performance indicators for each communications channel to indicate a campaign’s success.
- Organise, plan and lead - with the support of the entire team - online and in-person events, which will encourage and bring together our members and global participants while increasing AVERE’s visibility.
- Plan, coordinated and organised all types of events for AVERE. Its members and the broader public.
- Oversee the coordination between all stakeholders (speakers, journalists, locations, catering, …) in preparation for an event.
- Coordinate with other European organisations to create campaigns to support the association's political work and overall objectives for electromobility deployment.
- Deliver internal communications and messages through different communication channels and modalities, including but not limited to the company’s website, social media, newsletters, press releases, publications, online events, etc.
- Oversee the design, content, and maintenance of the AVERE website and other company online platforms intended to facilitate association communication.
- Lead creation of video and audio content to support the communications strategy.
- Other assigned duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Degree in Communications, Business, Marketing, or other related field, Master’s preferred
- At least 3 years prior experience working in a communications role, either at a private company, NGO or think-tank with a focus on public policy; previous work experience in European policies is a plus.
- Good knowledge of the emobility sector is required.
- Proven success designing and executing communications strategies and campaigns.
- Experience building an organisation’s reputation for thought leadership.
- Experience with events management and planning online events with global participants. Experience in moderation and leading debates is a plus.
- Experience with social media, websites, creating audio and visual content and other digital tools. Knowledge and willingness to create your visual content is a plus.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills and ability to meet deadlines.Great multitasker and capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines.
- Must be able to think analytically, strategically and creatively
- Capable of working as a team player as well as working autonomously.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including extensive experience in writing and editing. English is required at a minimum, all other languages are a plus.
- Previous experience or familiarity with ICT tools, including SharePoint. Familiarity or experience working with CRM software is a plus.
The Communications & Event Manager will have previous strategic communication experience and demonstrated campaign success. This individual must have the capacity to work in a fast-paced environment, be a self-starter and take initiative.
How to apply?
● Via Email to Philippe Vangeel.
● Please include a motivation letter and CV in PDF in support of your application.
● Email: firstname.lastname@example.org