Our Executive Board
- Espen HaugePresidentEspen Hauge is the President of the World Electric Vehicle Association (WEVA) and of AVERE – the European Association for Electromobility, and also President of the Norwegian Electric Vehicle Association. He has been engaged on the EV scene for 15 years. Under his leadership the Norwegian Association has grown exponentially, AVERE has celebrated successful international events like EVS30 in Stuttgart 2017, AEC2018 in Brussels, and WEVA has launched the World Electric Vehicle Journal – the first scientific journal for electric vehicles. His career also includes project management, engineering, and research and development, with management experience from the oil and energy industry, and in construction, working for global companies such as ABB and GE, as well as for the City of Oslo.
- Philippe VangeelSecretary-GeneralWith great technology and brilliant people, Philippe Vangeel found his way as Secretary General in one of the fastest changing and growing technologies: e-mobility. In electronics by background, Philippe has always worked as a manager in the sector. Strong of 20 years of experience as an entrepreneur, he brought a practical outlook to the association that enabled it to seize the moment: his vision is to make AVERE a protagonist in the growth of the e-mobility sector. In his five years, the AVERE’s membership grew significantly, while the association affirmed itself as the go-to expert for e-mobility in Europe. As part of his broader approach, he also ensured that the entire e-mobility value chain would get visibility through AVERE. He made it the potential home of every player in the sector, from companies extracting the materials to build EVs, to vehicles manufacturers, charging point operators and final consumers. His native language is Flemish, he is fluent in English and French, and is happy to help you in Norwegian and German.
- Baerte De BreyVice-PresidentBaerte de Brey works at Stedin, a Dutch DSO. Responsible for analyzing the long-term effect of electric mobility on the electricity grids, Baerte helps to build a sustainable business case around this transition. This includes vehicle2grids, solving regulatory barriers and cybersecurity. He graduated from Leiden University in 2001 with a law degree and received an MBA from Nyenrode Business University in 2006. On behalf of Stedin, he is one of the executive board members of ElaadNL. ElaadNL is a collaboration of the Dutch DSO’s and the knowledge and innovation centre in the field of (smart) charging infrastructure. As an expert for the European Commission, he sometimes reviews collective European programs concerning EV interoperability and smart charging. In his spare time, he is an elected member of the Provincial Council of Utrecht.
- Patrik KrizanskyVice-PresidentPatrik has more than 15 years of experience in innovative companies and international projects focused on electric mobility, renewables, and energy efficiency. He is the managing partner of Enairgy, a consultancy in e-mobility and renewables, and a managing partner of Espio, a technology startup focused on graphene-based sensors. Patrik co-founded and currently leads the Slovak Electric Vehicle Association as its Director. He hosts a podcasts dedicated to clean and electrified mobility (Na plny prud). Patrik is an alumnus of the Executive MBA program at Carlson School of Management, the University of Minnesota, and WU Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria. He also holds a Master’s degree in International Affairs and Diplomacy from Matej Bel University, Slovakia
- Arturo Perez de LuciaVice-PresidentArturo Pérez de Lucia is the Managing Director of AEDIVE, the Iberian eMobility Cluster wich gathers the industrial, technolocial and services value chain of the electric vehicle market, with more than 150 companies and more than 100 public institutions. He studied a degree in Information Sciences at the Complutense University of Madrid and worked for more than 20 years as Editorial Director of several professional publications in fields like Energy Efficiency, Logistics, Sustainable Architecture and Sustainable Mobility. He was Communication and Marketing manager of Energy Engineerings aswell and since 2011 has led, since its founding, AEDIVE, an association with a strong natonal representativeness but an international vocation in Europe and Latinamerica aswell. In addition, he teaches training in various Masters of Energy Efficiency and Mobility in Spain and Latin America.
- Maciej MazurVice-PresidentMaciej Mazur is the Managing Director of PSPA A seasoned professional in the energy sector and economic issues, he has been present on the alternative market sector since 2012, especially in relation to electric energy (electromobility). Among his many experiences, he was involved in the development of the largest infrastructural investments in Poland as well as consulting for companies from the oil&gas, automotive, financial and FMCG sectors. Maciej Mazur is a graduate of International Relations (specialized in International Trade Practices) at the Warsaw University. He also holds an MBA diploma and is now in the process of completing a Ph.D. in economics. He is an author of numerous publications in the fields of energy and social communications and a speaker at many industry debates and conferences.