AVERE (The European Association for Electromobility) is a non-profit organization that advocates for electromobility at the European level.
AVERE's policy work focuses on four key areas:
- Increasing the availability of charging infrastructure: AVERE works to ensure that there is a sufficient number of charging stations available across Europe, so that EV owners can easily and conveniently charge their vehicles.
Promoting the use of EVs in public fleets: AVERE works to encourage public bodies to adopt EVs for their fleets, as this can help to reduce emissions and improve air quality.
- Supporting the development of new EV technologies: AVERE works to support the development of new EV technologies, such as battery technology and smart charging.
- Influencing EU policy on electromobility: AVERE works to influence EU policy on electromobility, so that the EU can create a supportive environment for the growth of the EV market.
- AVERE's policy work has been successful in achieving a number of positive outcomes for the EV industry. For example, AVERE's work helped to secure the inclusion of electromobility in the EU's Clean Mobility Package, which is a set of proposals to reduce emissions from transport. AVERE's work has also helped to increase the availability of charging infrastructure across Europe, and to promote the use of EVs in public fleets.
AVERE's policy work is essential for the continued growth of the EV market in Europe. By advocating for policies that support the development and deployment of EVs, AVERE is helping to make electromobility a reality for millions of people across Europe.
Here are some specific examples of AVERE's policy work:
- In 2019, AVERE worked with the European Commission to develop the Alternative Fuels Infrastructure Regulation (AFIR). AFIR is a regulation that sets minimum requirements for the deployment of charging infrastructure across Europe.
- In 2020, AVERE published a report on the role of public fleets in the transition to electromobility. The report found that public fleets have a significant potential to reduce emissions and improve air quality.
- In 2021, AVERE lobbied the European Parliament to support the inclusion of electromobility in the EU's Fit for 55 package. Fit for 55 is a set of proposals to reduce emissions across all sectors of the economy.
AVERE's policy work is ongoing, and the association is committed to continuing to advocate for policies that support the growth of the EV market in Europe.