Definition of personal data
For purposes of this policy, personal data is any data or combination of data in any form or medium, relating directly or indirectly to an identified or identifiable natural person; this includes, for example, contact information, unique identifiers, such as IP addresses and equipment identifiers.
Information collected from you
AVERE collects your information in the following contexts, with your consent or to meet its legitimate interests:
- If you register for the AVERE Newsletter, we will collect the following information – email address. This information will be used exclusively for the purpose of sending you the Newsletter. You may withdraw your consent at any time at email@example.com or by using the unsubscribe button on the newsletter
- Website Registration. When registering at AVERE website, you will be asked for your name and email address.
- Our website provides contact information for AVERE. Personal information we receive through this channel is used to respond to your request. We may ask if you want to be added to our contact database.
This information will be used for the purposes specified and will not be sold or shared with third parties other than in relation to these purposes.
Information collected when you visit our website
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
- to remember users’ actions, to identify the user over the course of their visit
- for measurement of visitor’s use of the site, for example which pages are most visited and how well the site functions. The information gathered for this purpose includes IP address, operating system, web browser, pages visited, demographics of the users, the device used, and where the visit originated. Google provides certain privacy options and choices in this regard, which are described here
- to meet our legal obligations and in relation to legal claims, and to prevent, investigate and remediate possible breaches of our terms and conditions and threats to the integrity of our website.
Some pages and videos embedded in our pages use a cookie to anonymously gather statistics on how you got there and what videos you visited. Our website also contains links to Twitter, LinkedIn and a number of similar social networks. When you use these share buttons, a third-party cookie is installed. Please note that we do not have any control over how the information in these cookies is used nor do we have access to it. Please refer to the cookie policies of the relevant provider for more information.
While the information gathered by the cookies relates to you, it is not used to identify you personally and the data remains fully under our control. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described here.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences
We may share your Personal Information for the purposes mentioned above with:
- service providers in connection with the operation of this website, including website hosting, the provision of technology related services and promotional material distribution; or
- public authorities, government regulators or other law enforcement officials and the courts, as required or permitted by law or when compelled by a binding order.
When sharing your Personal Information with entities located in countries outside the EEA that do not provide for an equivalent level of data protection, we will put in place contractual guarantees in accordance with applicable data protection law. You can use the contact information below to request more information.
We maintain appropriate technical, physical and organizational measures to protect Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. Unfortunately, no information security system can be 100% secure. As a result, although we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of the Personal Information against unpredictable loss or unauthorized access.
Subject to restrictions under applicable law, you have the right to request from us access, rectification, erasure, restriction and deletion, and portability of your Personal Information. Such requests can be addressed to the contact information below.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we collect is relevant for the purposes for which it is to be used and that the Personal Information is reliable for its intended use and is accurate, complete and current. You are responsible for making sure that your information is up-to-date and accurate when you provide it to us and where our services offer you the tools to maintain your information.
Retention of Personal Information
We will only retain Personal Information for as long as we are required to do so by applicable law(s), or for as long as necessary for the purpose(s) for which it is processed. We will delete Personal Information when it is no longer needed and, in any case, upon expiration of the maximum storage term set forth in applicable law.
Links to Other Internet Websites
If you think that your complaint has not been adequately addressed, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority for privacy in your country.
AVERE endeavours to make its best effort to up-date the information on a regular basis, but it is not claimed to be exhaustive. AVERE has compiled the pages on this website very carefully, and the information placed on this web site is offered in good faith. This information is believed to be correct. Nevertheless, AVERE makes no representations or warranties as to the completeness or accuracy of any of this information. AVERE will in no event be responsible for damages of any nature whatsoever resulting from the use of or reliance on the information contained in this website.
AVERE – The European Association for Electromobility – aisbl – ivzw
With permanent office in Brussels (Belgium), registered under BE 0418.362.87
AVERE – 24 rue Montoyer/Montoyerstraat 24, 1000 Brussels – Belgium
Tel. : +32 (0) 2 791 7729
Contact Person: Philippe Vangeel, Secretary General
For any query, you can send an email via our contact form
This site was created and is managed in accordance with Belgian law.