- Work at the centre of the electrification revolution;
- Join and help manage our network of member organisations working to accelerate the transition towards zero-emission;
- Contribute to shaping European transport electrification policies and regulations;
- Improve the European visibility of our organisation;
- Help to lead European projects on transport electrification and climate issues.
AVERE, the European Association for Electromobility, a non-profit association with over 60 national and European members, is looking for an experienced Policy Officer for its Brussels office to support and drive its strategy.
As an integral part of AVERE’s secretariat, you will contribute to AVERE’s strategy and to policies and regulations in the transport and climate sectors while developing trusted relationships with institutions, key stakeholders, partners and members.
Reporting to the Secretary-General, your main responsibilities will include:
- Actively tracking and analysing relevant legislation and policy proposals on transport and climate policies; drafting briefing notes and newsletters and conducting desk research where necessary;
- Leading and managing the work and objectives of our internal working groups and task forces; gathering and helping formulate member input for our advocacy work;
- Formulating policy and non-policy proposals to influence key European and national policy-makers on AVERE priorities, with the aim of making a significant positive impact on the pace and ambition of regulation related to e-mobility;
- Continuously engaging and coordinating with our members on AVERE priorities to ensure continued added value and professionalism of AVERE association and membership and to support them in influencing their national governments;
- Building coalitions within the sustainable transportation and energy communities;
- Improving the European visibility of our organisation by representing AVERE in relevant institutional fora and external events;
- Contributing to the organisation of policy events (webinars or in-person)
- Supporting the work on European projects related to electromobility as regards policy recommendations.
- Supporting the work on AEC2023 (AVERE E-Mobility Symposium) and EVS38 (Electric Vehicle Symposium)
The successful candidate should bring:
- Passion for the electrification of European transport;
- Proven experience in European policy, ideally in the area of sustainable transport, energy or environment, and with international exposure;
- Demonstrated understanding of electric vehicles, grids/energy/charging infrastructure, and sustainability (batteries, raw materials, recycling…) topics, with international exposure
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) - knowledge of additional languages is an asset.
- Outstanding organisational and leadership skills, taking the lead across all assigned aspects of our policy work
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills - ideally previous experience working in membership-based organisations
If you consider yourself an innovative individual, a team player and want to become part of a fast-growing industry, do not hesitate to apply to the offer.
A compelling salary package will be outlined for the selected candidate.
Additional information on the position:
Official title: Policy Officer
Contract term: indefinite contract
Contract type: employee or consultant based
Starting date : as soon as possible.
How to apply?
- Please send us your CV and cover letter in PDF latest by the 15th of June.
- Applications shall be sent by email to Philippe Vangeel, AVERE Secretary General with “AVERE Policy Officer: YOUR NAME” in subject line. Email: admin@AVERE.org
We look forward to receiving your application.